The Turquoise Coast of Turkey has become increasingly popular with sailors in recent years and even those who have never had a holiday on the waves before have begun to realise the joys of such a relaxing holiday. There is no need for any expertise because the yachts and gulets that sail out of Fethiye harbour every day come with an experienced captain and crew intent on ensuring their passengers have an unforgettable holiday.
10 Compelling Reasons
Why a Fethiye Blue Cruise you may say?
- There are a host of attractions just minutes away. Even as you leave the harbour you will immediately begin to see the attraction of sailing in these waters.
- Tersane Island is a popular place to enjoy your first swim, and you last at the end of the trip. It was once an inhabited island but no one lives there full time anymore after the Greeks left when the Turkish Republic was founded in 1923.
- ‘’12 Islands’’ is a popular day trip for those staying on dry land; there are plenty of spots for swimming and even in high season there are never too many people around such are the alternatives.
- Butterfly Valley is close by, best accessed from the sea. In the height of summer there are many different species of butterfly and moth in this delightful natural valley.
- The Blue Lagoon and Oludeniz Beach are among the most photographed places in the whole of Turkey.
- Quiet Coves and Beaches abound when you head either east or west out of Fethiye.
- Guaranteed climate. Summers are hot with warm nights and rarely a cloud in the sky. Spring and autumn are extremely pleasant and a sun tan takes little effort.
- Warm, crystal blue seas that entice you to dive in. There are rarely waves of any consequence and any wind is warm and gentle.
- Great cuisine. Your boat can stop wherever you wish with obvious places to restock on the fresh fruit and vegetables for which the region is famous. Perhaps you can fish for your dinner as well? Red mullet are common in the waters and extremely tasty from the BBQ.
- Plentiful flights. Dalaman Airport is about 45 minutes away. There are direct flights to many regions of Europe and the Middle East as well as domestic connections with Ankara and Istanbul.
Fethiye as a Base
Fethiye has grown enormously in recent years to become the largest town in this part of the coastline. It has all the facilities that holiday makers would expect, accommodation, bars, restaurants and shops. Those booking a Blue Cruisewill find everything they might need for their trip as well as the souvenirs of Turkey before they finally return home.